We encourage the romancing of the interview process. The more executives in your firm who interview and approve of a candidate, the greater the buy-in and support for that candidate’s success. We recommend all the executives who will interact with the candidate, applying for your open position, be included in the interview process and strongly advise second or even third interviews with a direct report.
How do you know if a potential hire will be a strong fit in your company culture? The single most important ingredient for strong relationship chemistry are your values. When you and your executives can better articulate the values you have in common with a candidate you will replace your instinctive “gut feelings” with a stronger defined characterization of the relationship.
You spend more waking hours with the people at work than you do with anyone else, yet have only hours of face to face time to determine how strong the relationship will be. Your ability to listen for the values that too often go unidentified in an interview conversation, makes for much better-informed hiring decisions.
Authentically connected relationships occur when a shared value is being honored at the same time between two or more people. These are the powerful relationships that enhance productivity, innovation, and inspiration at work. Your chemistry factor is determined by your ability to authentically connect with others. The greater the chemistry factor is between your executives and the successful candidate the greater the impact on your business success.
Our services include both retained or contingency search.
With our support the client will:
- Identify the key job responsibilities
- Be informed of the current talent dynamics in the market, including availability, salary, and skill-sets
- Specify compensation budget, benefits, and incentives
- Articulate the company culture and opportunities that would be of interest to entice a successful candidate as well as the challenges that he or she would face.
- Clearly understand the chemistry dynamics of the key executives who will interact with this position.
- Timely review of all interviews with our recruiter to gauge your interest and discover key issues important for a successful hire
- Update the level of candidate interest after each interview to assess their motivation in continuing the process and chemistry fit.
- Develop an offer designed to be accepted by the successful candidate
- Have transition coaching for the successful candidate and their direct report to assure a smooth transition into the organization.